Monday, May 23, 2016

my best friends

i'm going to miss seth and i jamming out in our cars and screaming singing at the top of our lungs to "we dem boys".  i'm going to miss him getting me through the days that mom and dad are pissy and he's the only person that has my back.  i'm going to miss the 2am muddy buddies and all the t shirts that i have to finally give him back.

i'm gonna miss ellie asking me to curl her hair in the mornings because i'm pretty positive she has a new crush on a boy in her first period but is a little to embarrassed to tell me.  i'm going to miss her smile that can light up the room and her cry that can bring the whole family to tears.  i'm gonna miss her laugh and fighting over who gets to put their dirty laundry in the washing machine first.


i'm going to miss jacob and his constant singing that drives us all crazy.  i'm going to miss his sass and the fact that he can put me in my place, even though he's 7 years younger than me.  i'm going to miss all of our pointless fights and the fact that he worships our bunnies that i think are just super smelly.  i'm going to miss his brace face and his dimples that only show up when he can't stop laughing.


i'm going to miss colin and his stubborn tantrums that happen way more often than not.  i'm going to miss his strong willed spirit and his example to me that you can do anything you set your mind to.  i'm going to miss the fact that he calls my dad's motorcycle black kitty and no one has any idea why.  i'm going to miss his stinky socks and his sabertooth teeth.


i'm going to miss my mini me (lydia) barging into my room at 7am on a saturday morning begging me to play with her or to come down for breakfast.  i'm gonna miss her innocence and excitement for the littlest things such as new shoes or the 10 cents i gave her for going to get me a popsicle.  i'm going to miss her giggles and the snuggles she gives you when she knows you're sad.


i'm gonna miss my family more than anything.  more than high school dances, more than rhonda brom, more than homies, more than lone peak.  i'm not scared of what the future brings, i'm just scared of losing my best friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment